Cake-loving folks, ever thought about what makes a cake more wanted besides its taste? It’s their decoration that makes them more appealing & loving, and desired. The rule of design applies here too. This means you need to look for colour combinations and design quality to make a trendy loved cake. But that’s not all.
Designing a cake is nothing like painting a canvas or making a graphic. Instead, it needs soft grips, skilled hands, and focused eyes to design a cake. Cause there’s no going back here. It’s not for everyone but if you’re a baker, you must be skilled in it. Unless your cakes are entertaining their audience beautifully, it’s not possible to stay relevant in today’s bakery industry.
In this article, we’re going to discuss some of the best cake decoration tips. This advice is directly from the IBCA experts who have guided hundreds of today’s star bakers in their baking course in Delhi. Follow these tips and make your first professionally decorated cake.
Here is a list of essential equipment that you must have while decorating your cake. These tools and ingredients are important for offering a delicate, balanced, harmonic, as well as stunning designs. Get them all.
Choosing the right frosting is one of the most important cake decoration tips. Better to say, that it’s crucial to make a delightful stunning cake decoration. Frosting creates a base taste for the cake & elements on it. So be attentive to what you are putting on your cake. Consider factors such as taste, texture, and stability.
– Buttercream is versatile.
– Fondant offers a smooth finish
– Ganache leaves a rich glossy look.
– Cream Cheese frosting adds a tangy flavour.
Consider your preferences and go with them.
Piping is a basic skill to conquer if you’re into decorating cakes. These piping tips help you to design different textures, elements, & lettering and allow you to practise different techniques to make your design more appealing. Here are some of the important tips to consider.
– Choose the right piping tips.
– Learn to have consistent pressure.
– Practice piping techniques such as Rosettes, Shells, and Borders. These are some of the basics.
– Learn to keep your hands steady.
– Adjust the piping bag position appropriately.
– Maintain a consistent speed to gain even results.
– Keep practising on Parchment papers for new designs.
– Use the right consistency of frosting.
– Wipe off any excess frosting from tips to maintain the clean lines.
– Vary the pressure and experiment.
Like all fashionable stuff, cake decoration tips & ideas also get updated each passing year. Earlier it was difficult to track the trends but in the age of social media, you can study what’s in trends right now.
There are several social media accounts showcasing their talent in baking. Follow them and see what designs they are offering. Take inspiration and create fresh designs to showcase your skills.
Don’t forget to check out cake websites, workshops, exhibitions, and events near your place to get more cake decoration ideas frequently. Use the popular & trendy colour schemes, techniques, and themes in your designs.
The final touch is what most armatures miss out on. That’s where your presentation will shine amidst the crowd. The final touch includes edible designs and elements, and giving attention to details. Here are a few final touch cake decoration tips to do so.
– Add decorative elements such as flowers, figures, sugar work, or fondant accents.
– Use texture variations to make them visually appealing.
– Clean & fine the edges. Also, create flawless transitions between colours & layers.
Make sure that your final touch balances the harmony of your design throughout the cake.
Like any other art, mastering cake decoration also takes time and dedication. You must focus on what you’re doing and be willing to correct the wrongs. Only the right amount of practice & patience can lead you to excellence. Here are a few tips for all beginners.
– Begin with the very simple cake designs & techniques. Move to the next stage only if your basic designs become proficient.
– Practise regularly and refine your skills.
– Develop a steady hand.
– Embrace mistakes as your teacher.
– Acknowledge your smallest achievement & improvements.
– Finally, be patient.
Baking is not complete if you have not learned the art of cake decoration. Making tasty cakes is essential but presenting them is a luxury and soothing to the eyes. That makes the cakes a perfect present for any kind of celebration.
In this article, we have shared some of the cake decoration tips directly from the professional from IBCA. Hope you would have liked it. Looking for a baking course in Delhi? Stop right here. Join the IBCA baking courses where you will be guided by industry experts only and later will be awarded with internship, jobs, and a professional certificate.